Home Forums Oral & Maxillofacial surgery CHEEK BITES

Welcome Dear Guest

To create a new topic please register on the forums. For help contact : discussdentistry@hotmail.com

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1148

I have commonly seen among quite a few patients the chief complaint of cheek biting…commonly associated with erupting 3rd molars…
    i wud like to know the exact treatment option basically to soothe this problem…is it wise to prescribe some gel application if yes…which gel should i prescribe??

sushantpatel_doc
    Registered On: 30/11/2009
    Topics: 510
    Replies: 666

I think most dentists advocate extraction if cheek biting cant be relieved by enameloplasty..but it would be interesting to know the other options as well..

Anonymous

there are no other options. gel application is a temporaryt solution.

too much of enameloplasty can make the tooth sensitive and prone to caries.

if the cheek bite is severe and cannot be releived by enameloplasty than extract the wisdom teeth.

Veeren

Anonymous

as far as gels are concerned you can prescribe any gel available for treatment of apthous ullcers for e.g Dologel, gelora, etc.

they will only provide temporary relief

mithilamhapankar wrote:

I have commonly seen among quite a few patients the chief complaint of cheek biting…commonly associated with erupting 3rd molars…
    i wud like to know the exact treatment option basically to soothe this problem…is it wise to prescribe some gel application if yes…which gel should i prescribe??

Anonymous

You may ask your patients to blow recurrently to prevent fibrosis and restricted mouth opening

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.