Dental Practice Management Takes Team from Good to Great!

Home Forums Practice transitions-Buying & Selling practices Dental Practice Management Takes Team from Good to Great!

Welcome Dear Guest

To create a new topic please register on the forums. For help contact : discussdentistry@hotmail.com

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1148

As a Dental Practice Management Consultant I see various types of dental practices. It is the sad truth but most of the dentists who contact my office are usually at a sink or swim stage and it can be a daunting task to even pick up the phone to have a talk let alone try to make a decision about hiring a dental practice management consultant.

It usually takes a dentist 3 months to make a decision and by this time their numbers have plumetted to a point that means they are not able to sleep at night.

Does this sound like you? Are you one of these dentists who knows you must do something but you fear change or worse, you fear nothing will ever change. Maybe you have tried numerous systems or other practice management programs and nothing seems to work.

Let me put your mind at ease and begin to share a recent client of ours:

In order to create consisten profitability with doctors desired outcome I needed to analysize and research their current numbers. There is a list of services, production and collection numbers, etc that I assess before we begin to work with a client.

Years ago I learned that is is extremely important to identify the practices’ obstacles and road blocks. Once I have the full attention of the practice owner my passion, enthusiasm and my tough as nails ability begins to shine through. Together; doctor, the entire team and I roll up our sleeves and dig deep into the barriers that broke down the success of this office.

The team at “Dr. XYZ” in Portland, Oregon, has shown big improvements in less than 3 months of hygiene department coaching.

When I first met with doctor she showed me here hygiene schedules. Each hygienist had at least 2 openings each day. The office has seven days of hygiene patients each week.
    The entire team changed words that they used with their patients. The front office scheduling coordinator no longer calls and asks patients to return a confirmation call. She is confirming patients appointments about 4 days in advance of their appointment. All patients are now aked if they prefer to be contacted via email, text message or phone call.
    Many of the patients request an email to confirm their appointment. The email says something like this:

“Dear Mary,

I am writing to let you know that Doctor XYZ and Holly (Most know HOLLY is their hygienist) are looking forward to seeing you for your preventive care appointment. Dr. XYZ will review your x-rays and complete a visual exam. Holly will also complete an oral cancer screening exam using our new technology called Viziliate with can detect any early signs of oral cancer. We look forward to seein you on Friday August 9th at 8am.

Megan Ridgley
    Scheduling Coordinator Dr. XYZ

The office of XYZ has decreased their cancellations and open holes in the hygiene schedule, down to no more than 1 each week.

The team began role-play exercises to more effectively communicate non-surgical perio treatment and we also worked on overcoming many of the barriers and obstacles for patients accepting aesthetic and restorative treatment.

The original percentage of adult perio patients treated went from 18 – 45% in the past three months.
    The hygienists now have a 90% acceptance rate for using the Vizilite which has contributed to an increase in production.
    The team learned how to assess and catagorize patients for Caries Risk using the lastest CAMBRA protocols.
    This increased hygiene production as well without adding more chairtime or hiring more employees to work in the office.

The one challenge they were still having at the end of July was keeping the hygienists on time so we were able to implement our “Down to a Science” strategy which seems to be helping with time maanagmment.

Each month I have at least one phone call with doctor to discuss the successes and challenges that may still exist. We are able to work together to create a systematic approach to solve these challenges as they occur.

Every sixty days myself or one of my team coaches is in their office for about 1 1/2 days of hands-on training, team meettings, role-playing and strategy sessions so discover solutions to any challenges.

The fact that the team has an expert there to guide them through a step-by-step process is a much easier way to create their next stage of success.
    I have to add that the office administrator is great to work with and we spend a lot of time working together each week.

As of August 5, 2014 the office production numbers are at $628,000 with the hygiene department up by $65,000 (USD) and aesthetic/restorative case acceptance has increased by $110,000 (USD) this year so far.

The total production and collections is estimated to be up by approximately 30% from 2012.

RESULTS

The team has gained a new enthusiasm for working together. They told me that they feel like a family and have their friends (their patients) come to visit daily.

Recently, doctor had a pizza party after hours and each team member played a role in calling overdue hygiene patients. This was one more solutions we came up with through our research and strategy sessions together.

The team also receives a bonus when they achieve their new collection goals which appears to have limited team morale.

Would you like to be our next success story? There are so many options today. The one roadblock I see holding offices back is the attitude “It’s this economy that holds us back!” I want to say to you “Creaate your own economy!” People really are finding many ways to buy what they really want. Do your patients understand the wonderful menu of services you offer?

Does you team educate your patients about doctors extensive specialty courses he/she has completed?
    Let your patients know about the research on oral health and it’s relationship to total health. I do believe most of your patients want to live a longer health status.

Let’s schedule a time to talk about your next level of success: support@dentalpracticesolutions.com or 888-816-1511
    Maybe you want to take a test drive of what our team offers. Here is a simple and yet step-by-step guide to get your started:
    30 Day Dental Hygiene Profits Program–Register now: http://bit.ly/12zpg2D

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.